What we're looking for
When working in the Playground, you will have a development-first approach, but without the need to write code. Visual development is just a layer of abstraction for:
- People with passion for software development and interest in working on full-scale products
- Good understanding of programming: functions, algorithms, data structures, data types
- Basic understanding of the fundamentals of client-server architectures and the web stack: browsers, requests, servers, databases
- Some understanding of the fundamentals of frontend development: HTML, CSS, DOM manipulation, browser APIs
- Logic and analytical thinking
- Proven skills with at least one programming language
- No former working experience required
- Good communication skills and openness towards learning and development
- Finally, humbleness and respect are two core values which we cannot live without
What we offer
- Full time / part time contract
- Each junior developer will have a mentor from day 1 and the full support of the entire dev team around them
- The first 3 months will be a gradual onboarding on our projects, mixed with technical and non-technical learning
- Flexible schedule, starting from 30 h/week
- Remote-friendly environment
How you apply
- Prepare your CV and Cover Letter - we’re interested in your motivation to pursue this career
- If you don’t have a web project, try building a small user interface that handles a shopping list, where you can add items and quantities and you can cross-check items and remove them later from the list. If you have any questions about the mini-project, don’t hesitate to contact us before sending the application.
- Note: We want to see your own contribution, so make sure that the codebase you’re sending is done by you and that you are ready to answer questions on the codebase.
- Pack everything and send it over at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Applications are open until the end of November
- We review the applications as we receive them
- You will definitely get an answer, positive or negative
- If it’s positive, we will schedule a face to face technical interview at our headquarters
- If everything works well, we will invite you for a few hours at our office to meet the team and learn about our projects, before making the final decision.
- a SaaS platform for building web and mobile applications from a modern drag-an-drop interface that is currently in its late alpha stage: https://play.teleporthq.io/.
- a suite of open source libraries for code generation: https://github.com/teleporthq/teleport-code-generators.
Our tech stack is centred around TypeScript and we work with React and Next.js on the front-end and with Node.js and MongoDB on the back-end. Let us know if you have any questions for things we might have forgotten to cover. Looking forward to seeing your applications, good luck!